Tuesday, 23 June 2026

Family Reunion

 


After being a year in the planning, I met up with some immediately and extended family members for a reunion. This is only a small portion of people, there were many that couldn't come. There are some people that look like the Chinese side of the family and others that look like the Scottish side of the family. I'm standing up on the left and B is in front of me in the red sweatshirt. I'm thankful we all got to catch up after so many years.

But it's been a funny week so far. While we have been in Auckland I've heard one person while we were out and about saying how cold it is there. For us the warm sun and temperatures have been very warm compared to where we are in the South Island. Auckland at night has been 14 degrees celsius, in Greymouth it usually gets up to 13-14 degrees celsius during the day in Winter. The warmer go you up New Zealand, the warmer the temperatures are.

I have learned 3 things this week while on holiday:

  • Auckland drivers are nowhere near as crazy as Greymouth drivers.
  • Clothes that have been washed and put on hangers inside dry alot quicker than they do at home.
  • I don't know how I managed raising 3 little ones under 5 years old when my children were growing up - my son and daughter in law are doing a fabulous job with my grand daughter, she wore me out after spending 1 day with her.

Linking up with Tuesday TreasuresHappy Tuesdays. and Thankful Thursdays. 

14 comments:

Tom said...

...some fun family time!

Ibod11 - Ingrid said...

What a joy to be able to meet so many familymembers at the same time :D

Sandee said...

How fun. Getting together with family is a wonderful thing. You and B are most good looking.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

Bill said...

Sounds like a great time with all your family relations.

Michelle said...

Reunions like this can be so much fun. Yours looks like a good group.

roentare said...

It's amazing how quickly we forget just how much energy little children require until a grandchild reminds us

Jan K. alias Afanja said...

What a beautiful big family. And they are all beaming. It looks cozy.

Iris Flavia said...

That sounds like a time to remember!

Tigger's Mum said...

You all look like Kiwis to me. Family gatherings can be great fun.

local alien said...

Family reunions are wonderful. Just lovely to have everyone together and laugh and catchup.
I'm surprised about those Auckland drivers. I'd have big city drivers would be far more aggressive. Or maybe they're all just used to traffic

Sharon said...

That's a great reunion photo! Sounds like you are enjoying the visit and the warmer weather.

magiceye said...

Reunions are fun!

Veronica Lee said...

Lovely reunion photo!
Looks like you’re having a wonderful time and enjoying the milder Auckland weather.

Bea said...

Family reunions are fun (from what I recall). 14C is my kinda weather. :)

New blog

 Please join me at my new blog which is at amypie71.blog . I'm still making a few tweaks to it here and there, please change your link f...