Tuesday, 16 June 2026

Pink

 


I spotted this display in our local Mitre 10 hardware store. While I love the idea of gumboots (as well call them) for women, I'm not sure retailers have their facts straight in that women only wear pink. I'm not a pink person, couldn't care less about the colour and the gumboots I have are in fact red and blank plaid pattern. I do however love the cup and saucer shaped plant pots on the left.

Linking up with Tuesday Treasures and Happy Tuesdays.  

16 comments:

gz said...

So long as the pink ones aren't of lower quality and/or higher price! ( like some pink tools and lady shavers!!)

local alien said...

I like pink but it's not my favourite colour. I prefer green or yellow. I'd love plaid gumboots

Tigger's Mum said...

Are those the ones that have some part of the price going to breast cancer research? I think anyone could wear them to show their support (blokes too!)

Amypie71 said...

yes they are, I could wear them too but their prices are a bit more steep.

Ali Honey said...

I find Red bands ( or pink ) quite heavy to wear but they have good grip.

rupam sarma said...

Loved the pic.

Iris Flavia said...

I had a pink phase in my 20s... And I got myself nurse-shoes in yellow, blue and... pink. Hups!

Jan K. alias Afanja said...

The pink goes well with the black boots, I think.

Ibod11 - Ingrid said...

Pink is not a colour I usually wear but I loved that colour when I was a child.

Bill said...

My electric toothbrush is pink, I got it for a cheaper price so I bought it. :)

Sandee said...

Pink is my favorite color, but with boots I wouldn't care what color they are either.

Love the cup planters. Beautiful.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

Taken For Granted said...

Ah yes, those giant cups are flower pots. I thought they were too large for tea. I have a pair of gumboots, but rarely wear them as I no longer garden. Lovely photo.

Tom said...

...perhaps young ladies like pink the most.

magiceye said...

Tradition rules!😊

Sharon said...

I kind of like the touch of pink on those boots.

Veronica Lee said...

That’s a fun display to come across!
I’m with you--pink feels a bit over‑used as the “default” for women’s gear.

New blog

 Please join me at my new blog which is at amypie71.blog . I'm still making a few tweaks to it here and there, please change your link f...