Monday, 29 June 2026

Tuatara


I spotted this at Auckland Airport in the domestic terminal next to a bar. Tuatara Beer is well known here in New Zealand for it's hazy IPA beer and pale ales. 

A Tuatara is a rare lizard like reptile that exists nowhere else in the world.

Linking up with Mural Monday.

14 comments:

Andrew said...

I suppose I've drunk beer in New Zealand but I can't remember what it was. I'd try that beer, just because of its name.

Bertiebo said...

The painting is beautiful, and the Tuatara (which I've never heard of before) is interesting

magiceye said...

Thank you for introducing Tuatara! Cheers 🍻

Jan K. alias Afanja said...

I can't really picture the beer, but I think that drawing is beautiful. Have a great week.

Iris Flavia said...

Now I´d like a pale ale!

Tigger's Mum said...

Have you ever seen a real tuatara? They hang out on Arapawa I believe but I guess there are some in zoos or wildlife reserve places

Veronica Lee said...

Never heard of a Tuatara before-- fascinating to learn it’s unique to New Zealand.
The mural is beautiful.

Tom said...

...a lizard beer?

Revrunner said...

Hmm, beer and lizards. Maybe only in NZ. :-)

Revrunner said...

Hmm, beer and lizards. Maybe on in NZ. :-)

Jackie McGuinness said...

I do remember drinking beer in New Zealand!!

Sharon said...

What an interesting pattern!

Ibod11 - Ingrid said...

I got curious and googled tuatara. An interesting animal with special genes. Now I know two different endemic animals in New Zealand. It´s fun to learn things :D

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

New blog

 Please join me at my new blog which is at amypie71.blog . I'm still making a few tweaks to it here and there, please change your link f...