Saturday, 27 June 2026

Zebra crossing

 


This week the letter from Tom is "Z" - there are many of these around New Zealand but this one was in Auckland City in an area/Daldy street that use to be mainly grass and fishing wharves. It amazed me to see how much it had changed, there are now apartment blocks everywhere.

Linking up with Weekend Reflections, Shadow Shot Sunday and The Weekend Roundup.

15 comments:

Jim said...

Looks very wide.

Jan K. alias Afanja said...

We are in the middle of a heatwave here in the Netherlands. Yesterday the maximum temperature was 35°C in the garden, and yesterday the minimum temperature there was well over 23°C. I dread the thought of standing on such a expanse of stone and concrete right now.
Have a nice weekend.

EricaSta said...

Thank you for sharing ❤️

Iris Flavia said...

Safe crossing! Here it´s funny - often no zebra crossing and cars let you pass!

Tom said...

...a ZEBRA crossing in New ZEALAND indeed.

Betty J. Crow said...

Nice shot!

rupam sarma said...

Great pic, Loved the post

local alien said...

I presume in NZ cars actually stop and let pedestrians cross. Here they're ignored . This one is wide. There must be crowds at times, maybe

Michelle said...

We call ours in the U.S. a cross walk. I like the term Zebra better!

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Gosh that Crossing is huge. I have a real ZEBRA on my post today as has Cathie and Betty Great minds think alike. I hope you have a lovely week ahead.

Tigger's Mum said...

that has to be the widest crossing ever! Is there a football stadium nearby?

Amypie71 said...

no, the nearest one is Spark Stadium in Parnell.

Alana said...

What a wide crossing, and no traffic signal? I hope there isn't much traffic there or you might have to wait a while to cross.

Lisa said...

Zebra crossing is fun name for crosswalk! Here though, we'd expect a zebra to be crossing, as we have road signs for "deer crossing" etc. Alana brought up an interesting question. I will assume drivers stop for pedestrians waiting, unlike here. Although they are supposed to stop.

magiceye said...

Beautiful perspective 😍

New blog

 Please join me at my new blog which is at amypie71.blog . I'm still making a few tweaks to it here and there, please change your link f...