Thursday, 2 July 2026

Hotel


An old building just outside of Ahaura, which is about 30 minutes from Greymouth.I would say that at some point or another many years ago it probably was a hotel but not anymore, it looks like it is privately owned.

Linking up with Skywatch Friday and Tom's Signs.

15 comments:

local alien said...

Love the way Hotel is shown on the roof. Very good advertising especially 'back in the day'

Iris Flavia said...

Looks a bit scary to me!

Jan K. alias Afanja said...

By the looks of it, it could use a lick of paint.

Tom said...

...thanks for sharing, Amy.

Amypie71 said...

yes it does but I think it's days as a hotel are long gone, it's probably privately owned as a house now.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Interesting the sign is on the roof!

Photo Cache said...

Great idea to put the writing on the roof.

Worth a Thousand Words

Jocelyn said...

Interesting building.

magiceye said...

Must have been a cosy hotel!

Jim said...

Good one.

Sharon said...

Interesting. It looks more like a farm house than a hotel.

Sandy said...

Wonder how old it is. Cool photo. Painting the name of the roof must have been a good way to advertise back in the day.

Bill said...

I like the words on the roof, easy to see.

mvmaithai said...

Wonder why they left the word Hotel in the building if it's privately owned?

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love it when buildings are repurposed.

New blog

 Please join me at my new blog which is at amypie71.blog . I'm still making a few tweaks to it here and there, please change your link f...