While B and I were on holiday in Auckland we visited my sister at Omaha which is a coastal settlement about 45 minutes from the city. She sometimes housesits for a family who owns property there. This Maori Pou is dedicated to the sea God Tangaroa and was gifted by the local sub-tribe of Ngati Manuhiri and acts as a guardian to mark historic settlement sites and to welcome people to the area.
My sister to the right with the dog she looks after and another dog with its owner that we met. The forecast actually was for rain but thankfully we were able to enjoy the fresh ocean air and sunshine.
Linking up with Tuesday Treasures, Happy Tuesdays. and Thankful Thursdays.
17 comments:
Beautiful photos!
Lovely beach photos, even for winter. I haven't walked on a sandy beach for a long time.
Beautiful photos of Omaha Beach.
I was just misled by the title. When we talk about Omaha Beach in Europe, we are referring to one of the invasion beaches in France where the Allies began the liberation of Europe in World War II on D-Day.
Greetings from the Netherlands.
Wonderful photos of the beach, the sea and I really like the statue, the Maori Pou.626
Hmmm, wonderful, nothing else to add apart from thank you for sharing!
Thanks for sharingbyour lovely photos
Happy Tuesday
I am at 11 on the linky
Much love
...a beautiful and peaceful Omaha Beach!
What great shots. I love anything on or near the ocean.
Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.
Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥
What a beautiful place to visit. That beach is wonderful.
What a wonderful beach and all the surrounding area!
Beautiful beach with very impressive houses!
Looks like a lovely beach for a walk!
Lovely beach - i suppose those modern places are low and sit low in the dunes so not too much of a blot on the skyline.
Beautiful photos!
The footprints and paw prints make it feel so alive, and I’m glad the rain held off so you could enjoy the sunshine.
A beautiful scenery and beach to walk on.
Lovely.
That is a beautiful beach. Nice to see that dogs are allowed! Thank you for linking up.
Post a Comment