Monday, 27 July 2026

Outdoors

 


While I was attending my family reunion in Browns Bay while we were on holiday in Auckland recently I spotted this mural on a small wall opposite the venue. It was painted by artist Juliana Coelho as part of a community beautification initiative funded by Auckland Council's graffiti prevention team. Local school students and police staff also helped with the painting.

Thank you for your comments about my issues with blogger. I think independent blog hosting will be the way to go, I will share the new blog address later this week after I get it set up, hopefully I will have alot more success.

Linking up with Mural Monday.

12 comments:

Sami said...

A nice find, pretty mural. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Amy.

Bertiebo said...

Hapy, clean and blue. Love it!

Andrew said...

The works aren't overly complicated and I really like them.

Klara said...

happy and pretty.

Tigger's Mum said...

good to note the cyclists are wearing helmets... i wonder about the skateboarder

Iris Flavia said...

Happy mural! Have fun with your own site. Hope you share what you do. I had my own ages ago, all in HTML. Luckily ... knock on wood (just bending down here) - blogger works fine for me. Maybe it´s confused! I have the Aussie-version but am in Germany - LOL.

Jan K. alias Afanja said...

Really cheerful murals. Beautiful!
Have a great week.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The joys of biking and skateboarding!

Tom said...

...outdoor fun!

local alien said...

Wherever you go we go too 😊😊😊

Ibod11 - Ingrid said...

Nice mural and I like the fact that both students and the police also were involved.

DB Stewart said...

I love it when initiatives showcase youth artists.

The new library

  Yesterday on my day off I visited the new library in town. Ok apart from how much the whole thing cost I have to say I'm very impresse...