Monday, 18 May 2026

Coal Creek Falls

 

Remember the photos I shared a couple of weeks ago of Fungi? Well this is the place we found them all at. 


As we are coming into Winter, there are lots of red berries hanging off the trees but these ones are no doubt poisonous.


This track leads to Coal Creek Falls which is located in Runanga near Greymouth and the walk itself is about 30 minutes there and back to the carpark.


 I think the morning we were there it was about 11 degrees celsius - so not too cold, not too hot.



All the trees and scenery reminded us of a rainforest type setting, mind you most of New Zealand looks like this anyway.


The waterfall isn't that big or high but it was worth giving this one a go as we had been meaning to do it since moving here.


Linking up with Tuesday Treasures and Happy Tuesdays. 

13 comments:

Andrew said...

It looks like a lovely walk, and half a hour is just right. We have a Coal Creek here too, and I would guess yours is also associated with coal mining.

Jan K. alias Afanja said...

That looks like a beautiful walk. For countries with mountains, it might be a small waterfall, but for the flat Netherlands, it is quite large and absolutely beautiful.
Greetings from the Netherlands.

Sharon said...

It's a beautiful spot. I loved hearing the water fall in your little video.

Ibod11 - Ingrid said...

What a lovely walk! Thank´s for letting me join so I could enjoy this exciting nature and the waterfall.

DB Stewart said...

What a perfect place to spend a day.

local alien said...

What a wonderful walk through the bush

rupam sarma said...

Amazing place. waterfalls looks great.

Iris Flavia said...

This looks wonderful. 11C here, too. Brrr...

DawnTreader said...

Edible or not, red berries are a welcome splash of colour in autumn/winter!

Tom said...

...may the forest be with you!

RedPat said...

What a nice forest to walk in.

Sandee said...

A beautiful walk worth the effort. A beautiful place and the falls are impressive. I can hear the water.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

magiceye said...

Lovely walk to the falls!

Electric

  I've seen these being advertised for many years. I tried one about a year ago and I felt quite claustrophobic. Have you tried these or...