Tuesday, 9 June 2026

Pounamu

 


This is one of many big rocks around town, this one is at the local Greymouth Railway Station which brings in the Tranz Alpine train but there are others which sit on some of the street corners around town. I'm not an expert so I'm not sure if this one is actually pure Pounamu/Greenstone or Serpentine which is also a type of Pounamu (apparently I've heard there is a difference).

Linking up with Tuesday Treasures and Happy Tuesdays.  

10 comments:

local alien said...

They're huge pieces. Lovely to see on the street like that

Jan K. alias Afanja said...

Whatever it is, I find it very beautiful.

Andrew said...

That is a nice conversational piece for arriving train passengers.

Tigger's Mum said...

It looks good either way. Apparently serpentine is quite 'soft' and easily scratched with a blade or a coin.

magiceye said...

Wow it's huge!

Iris Flavia said...

A beautiful biggie!

Tom said...

...enlarged, the rock is beautiful.

Sandee said...

It's huge and it's beautiful.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

DawnTreader said...

Just looking at the photo I coulnd't figure out what it was I was looking at... ;)

Ibod11 - Ingrid said...

This kind of rock is new to me but it looks beautiful.

New blog

 Please join me at my new blog which is at amypie71.blog . I'm still making a few tweaks to it here and there, please change your link f...