These posters are up on the windows of the old health shop in town, they show information about the yearly Wild Foods Festival which happens in Hokitika. This is an event where businesses and people create edible goods out of insects and other stuff such as lollipops.
Linking up with Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup.
14 comments:
No I wouldn't 😅 is that where you crunch on chocolate dipped huhu bugs and 'enjoy' stewed road kill
Alternate protein makes sense, iyam, so yes, I would.
An event where curiosity becomes cuisine, and locals transform everything from insects to unusual delicacies into surprisingly edible treats, including the festival’s famous novelty lollipops.
I would probably like to taste something, but certainly not everything.
Have a nice weekend.
Oh my, I think I'll pass on that challenge.
Sometimes I´m very happy to be a vegan :D
...I'll pass.
I will pass on doing this Thank you. I hope you have a great week ahead.
Maybe give it a go 😉
Yeah - give anything a go once. Possum stew is big in Grenada (different kind of possum but about the same size) - some love it some hate it (marmite kinda food). Will you go to the festival?
Sounds like such a quirky festival!
I’m not sure I’d be brave enough to crunch on bugs, but it’s fun to see how creative people get with turning unusual things into food.
I think I would pass on this.
If the insects are "not recognizable" I would. I think it´s a good alternative.
That's hard pass for me! I'll stick with beef.
Post a Comment