Saturday, 30 May 2026

Vinnie's

 


This one of a few op shops around town - Vinnie's named after St Vincent de Paul charity shops - many of these shops are around the country in different places.

Linking up with Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup.

16 comments:

Jan K. alias Afanja said...

Thrift stores are a good thing. I just rarely use them. I avoid the city as much as possible and prefer being out in nature.
Have a nice weekend.

James said...

Probably some good finds in there.

Andrew said...

We call them Vinnie's here too.

roentare said...

Op shops seem to be extinct even in regional Australia.

Tom said...

...St Vincent de Paul charity shops seem to be everywhere.

DB Stewart said...

I had to google op shop. In Canada I think we mostly call them vintage, or thirst store; they are well used and appreciated by most.

gz said...

DB, autocorrect from thrift? I was chatting to a couple of Canadians about the subject last week! Vinnies in Scotland too. But all just called charity shops here... With increasingly the emphasis on raising money and losing the realisation that less well off folk would like decent things they can afford, not just the cheap badly made rubbish from certain chain shoos

Paspii said...

I do love second hand shops.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Amy we have Vinnies Op shops in Cairns which I have visited. I hope you have a lovely week ahead.

Sharon said...

A good place to find some interesting bits and pieces.

local alien said...

I'd love to explore that shop!

Betty J. Crow said...

I enjoy shopping at thrift stores. Sometimes you can find good things.

RedPat said...

We don't call them Vinnies here. We do have them though.

DB Stewart said...

Oh yikes, yes autocorrect. Yes to decent things most often hanging in closets for years, finally reused and enjoyed.

Jenn Jilks said...

My grandies love these stores. They call it thrifting!

Iris Flavia said...

We have few such stores and I will give my clothes to charity and the books to the students. The stores here have too high standards for my liking...

New blog

 Please join me at my new blog which is at amypie71.blog. I'm still making a few tweaks to it here and there, please change your link fo...